[Python-mode] Tutorial on Python-Mode

Maximilian N. Andrews m.n.andrews at biophysik.chemie.uni-dortmund.de
Sun Mar 4 13:01:59 CET 2007

Hello all,

I've been using xemacs for many things, especially LaTeX, and I would
like to start using it as an editor for python. Unfortunately I haven't
found much documentation on python-mode. The only thing I found was on
the book: GNU Emacs and XEmacs, by Larry Ayers, but it only scratches
the surface of python-mode...

Is there anyway I can find a tutorial or a few hints  (well, maybe more
than a few...) on how it works. Just to name a feature, what exactly
does "Mark a Block" do? I would imagine it might behave like
"Ctrl-<SPC>", but on a block (i.e. if: else:, or something similar)
Or another feature, "Ctrl-c !" I get an interpreter, and many new menus
(i.e. Complete, In/Out, Signals).

I'm a bit lost... I've been using Python only for scripting, but I'll
probably have to start using it to analyze MD data from Gromacs.

Thanks a lot!

Best Regards,

Maximilian

--