[Python-mode] merging python-mode.el and python.el

Dave Love fx at gnu.org
Wed Jan 28 02:06:49 CET 2009

Andreas Roehler <andreas.roehler at online.de> writes:

> Somehow this diff --thanks btw-- contradicts your
> arging here, don't it?

No, but what's that got to do with FSF copyright?

> so I wrote an intentionally incompatible mode
>
> that's human...

Mainly engineering as far as I'm concerned.

> Is python.el now included in FSF Emacs? AFAIK not, for the kind of
> reasoning above.

Please check, if you don't know.

> Please let us contribute free code to free software.

What??  I've spent a lot of effort encouraging and facilitating that,
even before the term was invented, and I've learnt to take legalities
seriously -- apart from maintaining GNU software.  If you have an
argument with someone over doing anything you like with my Emacs code,
it's with the FSF.  They hold the copyright, as it says in the notice.