[Python-mode] execfile

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Tue Jun 14 21:23:52 CEST 2011

On Jun 14, 2011, at 06:22 PM, Andreas Röhler wrote:

>should be a pleasure for me to proceed at this point.

Fantastic!

>Just a thought in context: as people my run parallel different versions of
>python --locally or send something to remote machines-- there should be a way
>to specify the version to run.
>
>This would override the default version-check.

That would certainly be useful for *me* :).  It's pretty typical that I want
to run both Python 2 and 3 in different windows at the same time, but I could
even imagine some folks might want to run Jython and Python 2, or even Python
2.6 and 2.7 and IronPython at the same time.

If it's possible, there should be one default, with a fairly easy way to
override on a case-by-case basis.

Cheers,
-Barry