[Python-mode] adding a standard font-lock-number-face

Andreas Röhler andreas.roehler at online.de
Fri Jun 17 15:46:43 CEST 2011

Am 17.06.2011 14:17, schrieb Barry Warsaw:
> On Jun 17, 2011, at 08:34 AM, Andreas Röhler wrote:
>
>> would make a bug report/feature request for that.
>> Opinions?
>
> Personally, I think it's overkill.

Agreed, will not use that. However, as the OP pointed at, users
switching from other editors asked for.

IMHO a similar thing as with intellisense, which isn't that useful as it
looks nice. In some time we should have that too for the reasons above.

  I agree that making the default
> indistinguishable would lessen the fruit salad look, but I wonder if it's
> really all that useful.
>
> I guess I would compromise by not adding any py-* faces to handle these.  If
> there are already existing font-lock-* faces for these types of things, adding
> some regexps to recognize them in Python code would be okay, as long as
> performance doesn't suffer.
>
> Just my opinion though.
> -Barry

OK, that should be a path,