[Python-mode] more speech driven how twos

Eric S. Johansson esj at harvee.org
Sat Jun 18 15:08:03 CEST 2011

On 6/18/2011 9:00 AM, Eric S. Johansson wrote:

> I should probably into here because I'm probably giving you intellectual
> heartburn at this point because it's a lot to digest and I'm late for my
> astronomy club's work party.  observing sites don't maintain themselves.
one more bit of IHB. I believe that the model we are working with is leading us
to a general foundation by which you can make all applications more easily
accessible with greater functionality than the current efforts.

I'm dead serious.

The current accessibility methods have been make the same mistakes as long as
I've been disabled and they provide no more accessibility today than they did in
the past and vendor still have to do a lot to their applications to make it
work. If we do this right, we make it easier, we make it simpler, and we make it
possible for any vendor to make their software verifiably accessible without any
great expense or effort.

This is why I think this particular effort is important besides the minor point
that it makes it possible for crips like me to use speech recognition and
Emacs.  it's kind of a big vision to take in but I think what I'm talking about
will become visible as we make progress.

--- eric