[Python-mode] more speech driven how twos

Andreas Röhler andreas.roehler at online.de
Sat Jun 18 21:41:11 CEST 2011

Am 18.06.2011 15:00, schrieb Eric S. Johansson:

>> BTW what are suitable returns from Emacs report functions for you.
>>
>> As choices coming into my mind for the moment are:
>>
>> - simple get it returned
> yes as in
> position = Emacs_fetch ("current character position", buffer = "focus")
> buffer_list = Emacs_fetch ("buffer list")

that looks like a list of values as parse-partial-sexp returns for
example, right?

[ ... ]

> I didn't get here overnight. It took me 18 years to become injured and
> 10 years to become frustrated with speech recognition and then another
> five years to figure out how to not become frustrated only become
> frustrated because I couldn't pay people to write the code for me. joys
> of being a serial entrepreneur self-employed type person. If you think
> this is interesting, you should see what I'm doing for diabetes
> self-management tools. I really need to get that done so I can pass the
> demo to potential funders which is part of the reason why I need these
> Emacs extensions. Everybody has an ulterior motive. :-)

Even if neither Emacs nor Python related, I'll take occasion to mention
Chaumont Devin, a poet from Hawai, who wrote some interesting computer
linguistics and told a similar story beside. Here the adress of his
language works:

http://panlingua.net/

Cheers,

Andreas