[Python-mode] more speech driven how twos

Eric S. Johansson esj at harvee.org
Sun Jun 19 19:28:59 CEST 2011

On 6/18/2011 3:41 PM, Andreas Röhler wrote:
> Am 18.06.2011 15:00, schrieb Eric S. Johansson:
>>
>>> BTW what are suitable returns from Emacs report functions for you.
>>>
>>> As choices coming into my mind for the moment are:
>>>
>>> - simple get it returned
>> yes as in
>> position = Emacs_fetch ("current character position", buffer = "focus")
>> buffer_list = Emacs_fetch ("buffer list")
>>

> that looks like a list of values as parse-partial-sexp returns for example,
> right?

I'll need a bit more of an explanation please. I looked up the definition of
cars-partial-Saxby[1] and it was not clear to me.  I need more context.

> Even if neither Emacs nor Python related, I'll take occasion to mention
> Chaumont Devin, a poet from Hawai, who wrote some interesting computer
> linguistics and told a similar story beside. Here the adress of his language
> works:
>
> http://panlingua.net/

fascinating. It takes a bit of time to digest.  I'll need to meditate on it a
bit. I'm always looking for potential sources of ideas for the next stage which
is translation to and from code/speakable language.

for some reason, his site reminds me of the following quote from George Bernard
Shaw:
"""The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists
in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the
unreasonable man."""

--- eric (unreasonable man)

[1] an example of why I'm taking the approach I am with name generation