[python-nigeria] Can we have an active IRC channel and host sessions?

Tosin Damilare James Animashaun acetakwas at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 05:45:52 EST 2015

In the summer of 2014, I was opportune to learn about the on-line
(IRC-based) sessions being organized by a local community of Python
programmers in the Durgapur area of India, the Durgapur Linux Users Group
<https://dgplug.org/>

Being an enthusiast, I immediately filled out the registration form, and
joined the classes as scheduled. It was a really profound and rewarding
experience for me, as it truly deepened my knowledge in the Python
programming language.

Seeing as the program benefited quite a number of burgeoning developers, I
would like to suggest that we organize something of that sort here in
Nigeria as well.

Some benefits of doing this on IRC include:

   - Savings on data usage as IRC is text-based, and obviously quicker
   communication time.
   - Everyone can be connected using almost any device, since there are
   also IRC clients on smartphones.
   - People learn how to use IRC in the process. IRC is essential for
   getting on-demand help on lots of topic areas.

*Link to DGPLUG's summer training website:*
https://dgplug.org/summertraining15.html

Following this, two questions stand out:

   1. *Can we have an IRC Channel?*
   2. *Can we organize such an IRC-based class?*

Regards,

Tosin Animashaun

--
while (true){