[python-nigeria] DjangoGirls Lagos Second Edition. The true Story

Aisha Bello aishabello2050 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 6 18:27:06 EDT 2016

Dear Amazing Pythonistas,

Hope your weekend is going great. I promise this is going to be brief.

Today was Djangogirls Ota. The event was really amazing and inspiring as
always. Kudos to @geekhijabi PyNigeria's treasurer for oraganizing.

Djangogirls Lagos is going to happen 9th and 10th of September, and we plan
on making it bigger by doubling the impact to 70 women 25 coaches and loads
of Django awesomeness.
Just like the first time in February when you all came through for us and
we did you all proud ;). We need your help again. I know I don't need to
preach about the impact of the First Djangogirls Lagos workshop. You've
heard it too many times.

A workshop of this size would eventually need double the funds we used the
last time, and currently we only have 2 sponsors and a few coaches. If you
know anyone/company that might be interested in sponsoring us please do
give us a shout. As always our email is lagos at djangogirls.org or just reply
directly to this message. To view our sponsorship brochure see here
<https://djangogirls.org/lagos/#partners> We also plan on giving financial
aid to girls from other states who can't afford to transport and
accommodate themselves for the duration of the workshop.

If you would like to help teach a girl to code please sign up as a mentor
here <https://djangogirls.org/lagos/#coach> (we need 13 more coaches).
And to everyone who will spread the word by leaving a message on their
Social media page about the event we highly appreciate.

Djangogirls Lagos won't happen without you. If you would like to support us
in anyway do get in touch. Help us bring the desired change and impact we
need to Empower more Nigerian girls/women to embrace technology to become
creators and not just consumers.

Signing Out with lots of Pythonic Hugs,

Aisha