[python-nigeria] I looked for trouble + Super exciting Features and Python Nigeria

Aisha Bello aishabello2050 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 03:30:42 EST 2016

Dear Pythonistas,

I hope this meets you well. I type this in a hurry before my many flying
adventures begin so I apologize in advance for the typos.

First of to true confessions, I went on radar at TechCabal and looked for
trouble you can find the conversation here
<http://radar.techcabal.com/t/in-this-seemingly-male-dominated-industry-djangogirls-ti-takeover-lagos-nigeria/4007>
Since
then the trouble has brought about really amazing friction from all major
tech news hub in Nigeria.

Shout shout to David Adeleke for the amazing article he wrote on Tech cabal
here
<http://techcabal.com/2016/01/18/django-girls-is-coming-to-lagos-ready-your-laptops-ladies/>
Even the Nigerian Computer society did one on us here
<http://nigeriacomputers.com/tech-news/django-girls-web-development-workshop-for-women-in-lagos/>
thanks to Jide Awe.
Techpoint thanks to Victor  did another beautiful writeup here
<https://techpoint.ng/2016/01/20/django-girls-teach-women-programming/>
We are even on the African News hub via Techloy featured us here
<http://www.africanewshub.com/news/4422916-django-girls-come-to-lagos-to-teach-women-computer-programming-for-free>
and
here
<http://techloy.com/2016/01/20/django-girls-come-to-lagos-to-teach-women-computer-programming-for-free/>
to say am excited and honored to be part of all this will be putting it
mildly. *I am sure there are pretty much more I don't even know about*

This wouldn't be coming through without the help of you guys, some of which
are not even known to me but silently encouraging, supporting and putting
the word out there. The Nigeria Python community is now a phrase gaining
grounds that even non programmers are aware of. A massive thank you to
everyone here, for your support, for volunteering to dedicate your time to
mentor the girls and women that would attend and for making this community
happen.
I would be screaming from the rooftops and gathering support from the
international Python community at PyCon Namibia next week for the Nigerian
Python community and I promise to be a good ambassador and represent us
well.

Thanks to Naomi Ceder who helped me in creating a call to action for the
Nigerian Python community during my presentation and thanks again to all of
you who made it possible and for just being part of the community. I hope
to meet some if not all of you pretty soon at the meetup in person so we
can get the ball rolling for the community.
I would be confirming details about the meetup, venue, etc. and all very
soon toward the beginning of next month, but do save the date on your
calendar(February 20th) and we can all confirm and sign off on the agenda
for the meetup. Any ideas and if you want to help organize the meetup would
be highly appreciated.

Sending massive E-hugs to everyone and until I bring you more news from
Windhoek, Namibia do have a Pythonic day ahead. If you've got any news,
concerns, ideas e.t.c. do post here as the mailing list has just recently
grown in the number of subscribers.

Cheers,

Aisha Bello