[python-uk] FW: BCS OOPS / Python Community

Tim Couper python-uk@python.org
Fri, 29 Mar 2002 13:59:45 -0000

Andy R wrote:

First a reminder that the First UK Python Conference is late next
week!  I think we should have some kind of inaugural UK User Group
meeting or something down there, and pick a chairman/secretary/whatever.

TC - Good idea!

Secondly, the British Computer Society OOPS chapter would like to
do stuff with us (see below).  I have realised just how overcommitted I am
in the last 3 months, and while IO tend to hear about a lot of stuff
I just can't follow through to organizing it.  So if anyone fancies
organizing events, that would be great.  We are lucky in theat the ACCU
and BCS both have infrastructure and experience, and it's just a matter
of deciding what should happen and broadcasting to speakers.

-TC

Steve copied me in on your original, Andy, and I responded as follows (not
having, of course, checked the newsgroup first). Here's my response:

---

Hi Steve

Thanks very much for copying me in on this kind invitation. I'm sure that
this is a positive proposal which I'd like to talk over with Andy and the
others at ACCU (as that happens next week, and it's Easter ....), at least
the 2003 question and one day or evening events.

Perhaps the urgent question is do you have a slot to fill in your conference
8-10 April, and if so what would you like to have covered?

---

I'd be happy to coordinate a group at the ACCU conference to look at getting
a planned response back to OOPS; Duncan - let's see it we can find a time
and interested others to meet (maybe a BOF variant might work?). I thought
also that if they have a slot in their conference we might be able to get
some very-short-notice-volunteers from ACCU to start the ball rolling as it
were.

Tim