[python-uk] Tell us what you did with Python this year....

Matt Hamilton matth at netsight.co.uk
Mon Dec 20 18:00:46 CET 2010

On 20 Dec 2010, at 12:18, Andy Robinson wrote:

> Why don't a few people here tell us what they got up to this year?
> Neat projects at work, things you learned about Python in 2010, things
> you've been playing with....

Well a couple highlights of my year:

* I organised the Plone Conference 2010 which was held in the UK this year. We had nearly 300 attendees from 33 different countries. This was a fantastic event, a great community of people and demonstrating the power of python in larger systems

* We launched a python based eMentoring site for Brightside UNIAID, with currently around 60 schemes (each a separate site), 18,000 registered users with 100 logged in per hour.

* I was elected Vice President of the Plone Foundation.

* We hired another python developer (bringing our small company up to 13 people in total) and gave everyone a 10% pay rise, bucking the doom and gloom of the recession.

-Matt

Matt Hamilton                                         matth at netsight.co.uk
Netsight Internet Solutions, Ltd.          Business Vision on the Internet
http://www.netsight.co.uk                               +44 (0)117 9090901
Web Design | Zope/Plone Development and Consulting | Co-location | Hosting