[python-uk] Want to join a PyWeek team?

Ciarán Mooney general.mooney at googlemail.com
Fri Mar 4 11:19:30 CET 2011

Hi,

The April 2011 PyWeek challenge has just opened for registration. The
premise is to write a game, in python from scratch in a week. More
details are on the website. The actual challenge starts on 3rd April
and finishes 10th April.

http://www.pyweek.org/

It would be cool if a small (or large!) contingent of the UK python
groups would join together for some python game-writing fun. Those
that want to take part please email me.

A few of us did it last year and it was great fun. There is no need to
commit to a full weeks work, most of us worked from home in our spare
time. We met up a few times face-to-face to get some work done which
was also fun, but certainly not required. I'm London based and this
was announced at the London Python Dojo, but that shouldn't be seen as
a barrier to others who want to join the team.

For an example of what can be made the product of our work last year
was "Woger the wibbly wobbly wombat."

http://pyweek.org/e/ldnpydojo/

Now we don't expect to reach the lofty standards of Woger again this
year, and it's certainly a competition where most of the fun is taking
part rather than winning.

One of the best things about PyWeek was checking out the next day and
finding a game that was 10x better than when you left it, with fun
extra features added in by your team mates.

Ciarán