[python-uk] Timetric is hiring

Toby White toby at timetric.com
Tue Oct 4 13:44:34 CEST 2011

Hi all,

We're looking for a mid-level or senior Python developer; someone to
help us build our platform for publishing data to the web. Timetric
has a mission to make data accessible, and the work we do is highly
visible in digital media and around the web.

We've only got a small team right now, but we've got plans for growth.
You'll be responsible for your own work from the start, but there's
room for growing into a team lead as the software team expands.

Since we're a small team, you'll need to be able to communicate well
with front-end developers. You'll also need to be happy thinking in an
operational way, we're responsible for our own sysadmining here.
Devops fans preferred; we deploy all our stack through Chef.

All of our backend is built in Python, and all on top of open-source
code. We're aware of our debt to the open source community, so where
we've extended or fixed any software we use, we make a point of
pushing patches and features upstream, and we also release significant
portions of our stack as open source. We try to be active in the
developer community, we've co-hosted developer events, and we'll
encourage you to talk about what we do, and be excited about it.

Ideally, you'll be fluent in one or more languages beyond Python;
we've got a bit of node.js in production and even a bit of Java -
we're not blinkered in our approach to building software. You've
probably already got a github account, or an active presence on
various open-source projects. And source control will be central to
your working process.

If any of that attracts you - or anyone else you know - we'd love to
hear from you. There's a job spec at http://timetric.com/about/jobs/ -
please contact us at jobs at timetric.com.

Thanks,
Toby