[python-uk] Python job vacancy: Support engineer at Rangespan

Jonathan Hartley tartley at tartley.com
Fri Aug 10 15:11:35 CEST 2012

London Python-related job vacancy.

Thanks all for your indulgence.

Feel free to contact me personally to ask any informal questions, over a
coffee or beer if you like, but applications should be sent to
jobs at rangespan.com.

--

Support engineer wanted, to provide first contact support to our business
teams and customers.

You'll take ownership of our support queue, prioritising and responding to
support queries. For more complex issues, you'll work with our developers
and data scientists to understand our platform and the technologies we use,
develop tools to automate manual processes, create bugfixes, and write
documentation.

We'd love for a junior but ambitious applicant to use this role to get deep
experience working with a strong team on a variety of prominent
technologies.

**Requirements**

Essential:

* Python & the ecosystem of PyPI, pip, virtualenv, etc.
* Some Bash or similar command-line tools.
* Strong written and verbal communication.

Bonus skills, but not required. Those you don't know, we hope you'll pick
up over time as you consult with the rest of the team:

* Django and MySQL (we use for transactional order management.)
* Hypermedia web APIs.
* MongoDB key-value storage for big data.
* Machine learning and map-reduce jobs using Hive and Hadoop.
* Highly available cloud-based infrastructure on AWS.

**About the company**

Rangespan is an e-commerce software company that makes it easy for
retailers
to offer deep product selection.
We have a small, ambitious team, based in Paddington, London.

**Contact Info:**

* **E-mail contact**: jobs at rangespan.com
* **Web**: https://www.rangespan.com/jobs/
* **No telecommuting** (but occasional days working from home OK when
practical)

--
Jonathan Hartley    tartley at tartley.com    http://tartley.com
Made of meat.       +44 7737 062 225       twitter/skype: tartley