[python-uk] Python Developer at Lyst
trepca at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 13:56:56 CEST 2012
*Python Developer*London, UK (Full-Time)
Lyst is looking for a Python Developer to work on core product. We are
looking for someone who likes to build things and cares about using best
tools and technologies for the job (Python :) ). They should be familliar
with agile methodologies and enjoy a fast-paced startup environment.
Our Shoreditch HQ is located within five minutes of no fewer than six of
the finest flat white vendors in London. If the large, open, light,
bike-friendly office isn't enough for you, head out to the larger of our
two roof terraces, which is perfectly oriented for gazing over the City of
London skyscrapers in order to appreciate how fortunate we are not to work
there. Then pop back inside, via a kitchen stocked with fresh organic fruit
we get delivered weekly, to attempt to make your way up the table tennis
- Develop new key features for Lyst’s Python-based platform.
- Optimize existing features for performance and stability
- Develop our fashion search engine
- Work on our recommendation engine and other machine learning
algorithms for product classification (2M products processed daily).
- Develop and maintain our Catalog API that handles millions of products.
- Bachelor degree or higher in Computer Science (or equivalent work
- 2+ years experience with Python / Django and at least one more
language / framework.
- Highly proficient in a Unix/Linux environment.
- Solid understanding of the full web technology stack (e.g. HTTP,
cookies, headers, asset loading / caching).
- Understanding of CS concepts such as: common data structures and
- Ideally knowledge of ecommerce and/or online fashion.
Lyst is a young, fast-growing social commerce website that provides users
with a personalized way to discover and shop for fashion online. From
launch in 2011, Lyst is doubling every month and already generates millions
of dollars in sales for the hundreds of brands and retailers it partners
with around the world. Lyst is
a range of all-star of investors including Accel (Facebook, Spotify)
those behind Oscar de la Renta, Smythson and Tory Burch.
If you want to help us change the future of shopping, please send your CV
and a cover letter to techjobs at lyst.com (github and stackoverflow accounts
are a plus).
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the python-uk