[python-uk] Django Weekend Cardiff

Daniele Procida daniele at vurt.org
Fri Dec 20 10:09:11 CET 2013

As you may already be aware, tickets for Django Weekend Cardiff <http://djangoweekend.org> sold out in three weeks.

If you were hoping to attend, please add your name to the waitlist as soon as possible:

<http://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/django-weekend-cardiff-tickets-9387106087?aff=waitlist>

We know a lot of people are disappointed, and we are considering our options for moving the event to a larger venue.

This is going to involve quite a lot of extra work, and it has budget implications too.

The more people who have signed up to the waitlist, the stronger the case for we have for doing that.

Another way to help make it easier for us is to step forward as a sponsor. Our sponsors are not a luxury or an extra, they are making the event possible.

To give you an idea of what sponsorship means:

ticket price: £60
cost of meals and refreshments per attendee: considerably more than £60

The difference between the two is just one of the things that sponsorship covers.

In short, having more attendees requires more sponsorship in order to maintain the same quality of experience.

Please keep an eye on our website for updates.

Many thanks for all the interest and support for this event from around the world.

Daniele