[python-win32] NT service

walou c.walou at laposte.net
Wed Nov 10 10:42:22 CET 2004

Hello,
I'm writting a NT service which modify registry to apply some
retrictions on XP clients when they open a session on a samba server.
Our first method  was that the samba server connect to the XP box which
is listening on port 8788 and send him a list of registry keys.
Keys are putted in
HKEY_USERS\S-user's-SID\Software\Mi...\CurrentVersion.
The problem is that when a user logs on for the first time, his registry
hive doesn't exist and the service returns an error that the keys
couldn't be written into the registry.

My idea is that in fact the XP box should connect to the samba server
but how can I get the event "user XXX is opening a session" or/and the
event "user XXX's registry hive is ready to be modified" ?

Our service is running under user "SYSTEM"

I've joined the code.

Klaas T.