[python-win32] Timeout waiting for windows (python) service to connect

Rogelio Flores rogelio.flores at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 17:29:20 CEST 2004

Trying to run a python application as a windows service, I get these
two errors from the SCM:

Event ID:	7009
Timeout (30000 milliseconds) waiting for the X service to connect.

Event ID:	7000
The X service failed to start due to the following error:
The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

I get the same errors from the demo "Pipe Test Service" that comes
with the win32 extensions.

I can run my service with the debug option so it seems to be related
to the SCM connection, but I don't know how to troubleshoot this and
find a the exact problem.

The python application I'm trying to run is a legacy python 1.5
application (no choice to upgrade to a more recent version). Using
win32 extensions build 143, and I did a manual installation of the
modules---not sure if this has something to do with it.

Could somebody help?

--
Rogelio