[python-win32] Python COM server: can it generate events?

Gary Oberbrunner garyo at genarts.com
Thu Sep 16 22:34:13 CEST 2004

Is it possible to make a Python COM server which can generate COM events?  I
know how to make attributes and methods, but either I've missed the event
section in the doc, or maybe it's not possible?

I'd like to make an asynchronous COM server which can send events back to
its container (the VB container implements the event handlers, e.g.
OnMyEvent, and that code should run when the Python code calls
"RaiseMyEvent" or whatever).

Is this possible?

-- Gary

PS: Please respond directly to me, as I'm not on this list.