[python-win32] Problem with Excel PrintOut method and pythoncom

Cedric Delfosse cedric.delfosse at linbox.com
Mon Sep 20 11:58:11 CEST 2004

Hello,

the behaviour of the PrintOut function seems different according to the
MS Excel version.
The chunk of code I use to print an Excel document into a file is:

            self.doc.PrintOut(PrToFileName = tofile,
                              ActivePrinter = params['printer'],
                              PrintToFile = 1)

This works very well with "Microsoft Office 2000 Premium SR1 French".
The same code with "Microsoft Office XP Pro French" doesn't fail, but
Excel open a window asking the file name to print into !? It should not,
because the PrToFileName argument is already filled with the file name.

Do you have an idea of what's going on ?

I thought that maybe the problem was the files generated by Makepy. But
doing a diff of the two files (the 2 Excel versions) with a 'grep
PrintOut' displayed no result.

Regards,

--
Cédric Delfosse                             Linbox / Free&ALter Soft
152, rue de Grigy - Technopole Metz              57070 Metz - FRANCE