[python-win32] Executing eval function in VBscript

Janakiraman Mohanakrishnan janakiraman.mohanakrishnan at tcs.com
Tue Feb 5 06:48:29 CET 2008

yes i want to have python functionality in excel,
iam trying to call python functions from VBscript,
more like evaluating a python expression say dictionary or list in
VBscript
For evaluating a python expression , python has some library functions
like eval which takes python expressions
 in string format and checks whether it is a valid python expression or
not

so i thought of calling that python eval function in VBscript and validate
my datas
but the problem is when i tried to pass dictionaries for eg,
"{'key':value}" this is the format of dictionary in python
VBscript throws error like type mismatch
since VB dictionary representation of VB and python are different

Thanks and Regards!

"Tony Cappellini" <cappy2112 at gmail.com>
02/05/2008 01:51 AM
Please respond to
cappy2112 at gmail.com

python-win32 at python.org
cc
bgailer at alum.rpi.edu, janakiraman.mohanakrishnan at tcs.com
Subject
[python-win32] Executing eval function in VBscript