[python-win32] Manipulating MAPI

Mike Driscoll mdriscoll at co.marshall.ia.us
Tue Jan 29 15:36:38 CET 2008

Tim,

We are looking at Thunderbird, but only a couple of people in the IS
department have it. We may go with it, but we have to make sure that
Thunderbird doesn't allow extremely non-standard things like Outlook did.
For instance, Outlook/Exchange allowed the user to open an Office document
from within Outlook, edit the document and save it back to its email
location somewhere in the nebulous Exchange server. Basically this opens
the door for litigation if someone sends a legal document here and one of
the users edits it, then there is no record of the original document being
received anymore.

Anyway, I agree that reinventing wheels is usually not a good
idea...except for practice or in the pursuit of learning.

Thank you for your input. I'll check out your link as well.

Mike