[python-win32] Quiet Install Available?

Mark Hammond skippy.hammond at gmail.com
Sat Jan 10 23:29:35 CET 2009

On 10/01/2009 9:56 AM, Lewis, Jeffrey G wrote:
> I am working with Python 2.5.2 and pywin32-212.win32-py2.5.exe.
>
> I figured out how to install Python 2.5.2 so that no user interaction is
> required.
>
> Are there command line options available for pywin32-212.win32-py2.5.exe
> so that it will just go ahead and do the install using all the defaults
> without any user interaction required?

The installer is based on the distutils 'bdist_wininst' command which
doesn't support such options.  However, what should work is to simply
unzip the pywin32 directory structure (the .exe should even be readable
as a .zip file!) then run "pywin32_postinstall.py -install" to configure
everything.

Cheers,

Mark