[python-win32] permissions error

Dave Angel davea at ieee.org
Fri Feb 12 12:26:04 CET 2010

Jeff Peery wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm running on vista and I'm getting a permissions error from win32com. I attached a print screen displaying the error message. It appears win32com is trying to write a file and vista UAC is blocking it. Why is win32com trying to do this and how do I fix it? the only method I am using from win32com is "win32com.client.DispatchWithEvents()" to create a client of a windows OPC server. It works fine until I compile it and run it from the compiled executable and this message appears.
>
> thanks,
> Jeff
>

>       <snip large graphic>

1) please just use copy/paste from your console session.  No need to
waste bandwidth sending a hard-to-read image of the window.  If you're
not familiar with QuickEdit mode on DOS boxes, it's enabled as follows.
Right-click on the title bar of a console, and choose Properties.  In
the Options tab, turn on QuickEdit mode.  Now, to copy a rectangle of
the DOS box to the clipboard, you do a selection with the mouse, then
right click.

2) Are you running a 64bit version of Vista?  And exactly what version
of Python are you using?  (print sys.version).

3) What do you mean by "compile" and "compiled executable"?

I can't answer your problem, but maybe I can make life a little easier
for those who could.

DaveA