[python-win32] Calling random Windows function?

Randy Syring rsyring at inteli-com.com
Mon Feb 15 20:07:58 CET 2010

Roger Upole wrote:

> If you decide to use Volume Shadow Copy, I've wrapped some of the
> IVss* interfaces for Python, enough to be able to backup selected files
> from a volume.  Bear in mind that if an application has a file open for
> writing and is not VSS-aware, you may get the file in an inconsistent
> state.
>
>       Roger

Roger,

Could you share that code or point me to a location where I could take a
look at it?  I would like to extend rdiff-backup to use VSS via a Python
script and figure it would be better to just manage the volumes directly
from Python if possible than to try and use command line tools.

Thanks.

Randy Syring
Intelicom
502-644-4776