[python-win32] pywin32 documentation wiki

le dahut le.dahut at laposte.net
Fri Feb 19 16:24:30 CET 2010

"le dahut" (French) is an imaginary beast that has 2 legs shorter than
the other 2. But the difference is between the right and the left legs,
it's because this animal lives on mountainsides. This makes its
movements easier but it would, however, always moving in the same
direction on the same side.

Goal :
* catching Logon/Logoff/Lock/UnLock/StartScreenSaver/StopScreenSaver events

Why ?
* log those events (and maybe send them on a server)
* do some actions at some events (execute commands, tune registry,
connect printers, modify windows firewall rules, etc.)

How ?
* using HandlerEx (not Windows 2000 compatible)
or
* using ISensLogon (Windows 2000 compatible)
and because Win XP firewall cannot filter outgoing connexions, it has
been disabled and replaced with WipFW.

We use it in a Samba Domain to configure workstations at user logon. At
logon event the service reads a configuration stored on the PDC and get
some rules to apply depending on :
* the computer name
* the user name and/or groups

I don't know what details I could give about what to do with. I'm
confident in people's imagination.

Cheers,
Klaas