[python-win32] How to get Outlook headers

Massa, Harald Armin chef at ghum.de
Wed Mar 3 08:57:15 CET 2010

Antony,

for dealing with Outlook I can really recommend

http://www.dimastr.com/redemption/

it is around 200 Money Units; and it saves you a lot of challenges ...

> I am trying to read the Message date from Outlook, I get the message date
> easily by using  "PR_TRANSPORT_MESSAGE_HEADERS" only for the emails sent
> over the Internet. If the email was sent internally using exchange the mail
> headers are not  exist on this "PR_TRANSPORT_MESSAGE_HEADERS".
>
> for your challenge my solution would be:
- convert to .eml using an RDO object
- parse the .eml with the Python Standard Library email-modules.

disclaimer: Outlook-Redemption just saved my sanity when dealing with .msg;
I am not affiliated with the author in any way.

Harald

--
GHUM Harald Massa
persuadere et programmare