[python-win32] Attempt to make executable from Python script

travel europe europe_travel at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 30 07:39:34 CEST 2010

Hello,

I am attempting to make an executable from a working Python script per the instructions from the following website:

  http://logix4u.net/Python/Tutorials/How_to_create_Windows_executable_exe_from_Python_script.html

Everything seems to go as planned, except when I run the resulting executable I get the following message:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "tim.py", line 2, in <module>
  File "winsys\registry.pyc", line 39, in <module>
  File "winsys\security.pyc", line 42, in <module>
  File "winsys\_security\_tokens.pyc", line 10, in <module>
  File "winsys\accounts.pyc", line 31, in <module>
  File "winsys\dialogs.pyc", line 45, in <module>
ImportError: No module named shell

Any suggestions? Thanks!