[python-win32] pywin32 setup.py forgets win32/lib

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Mon Nov 11 08:51:40 CET 2013

On 11/11/2013 10:23 AM, Christian Tismer wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>
> Yes, I understand very well, knowing the patching dance so much more
> than I'd like to...
>
> In fact, 'win32/lib' is a folder, actually the only one which is not also a
> package, and exactly this one does not show up in the install logs.
>
> I have the impression that setuptools changed policy about 'py_modules',
> if 'packages' is given, too. So I think 'win32/lib' is the only problem
> here, because
> it is the only thing that is not a package.

That makes sense - although it probably also means that .pyc files etc
may not generated.  I wonder if it might be better to see if we can
trick setuptools such that we add a dummy package so at least everything
special it does for packages is also done for these files?

Or maybe we should reach out to setuptools - it might simply be an
accidentally introduced bug.

Cheers,

Mark