[python-win32] PyWin32 on windows 7 with 64-bit Python 3.4

Christian Calderon calderon.christian760 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 21:27:12 CEST 2014

I am trying to use the admin script found at
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19672352/ . So I installed pywin32
using the binary named pywin32-218.win-amd64-py3.4.exe  from the
sourceforge site, opened a python3.4 interpreter, and tried to import
win32api. I got an ImportError saying the module couldn't be found. I
imported win32, and looked at the output of help(win32), and win32api is
listed as a submodule. But when I tried import win32 and then import
win32.win32api, I get the same error. If I do "from win32 import *" and
then I look at the output of globals(), I don't see anything listed in
the output of "help(win32)" . Can somebody help me get this working?

I also tried installing from the similarly named binary at
http://www.lfd.uci.edu/~gohlke/pythonlibs/ but got the same results.