[python-win32] problem installing pywin with Python 3.6

Fowler, Charles E (HP OneView - Ft. Collins) chuck.fowler at hpe.com
Sat Jan 7 14:16:09 EST 2017

Hello,

I am new to the list, and relatively new to Python development in general.  That said, I need to be able to use the win32com module and I am encountering issues installing it and using it.  I have installed the 32-bit version of Python 3.6, which I verified at the Python cli.  When I try to install the 32-bit version of pywin (build 220, pywin32-220.win32-py3.6.exe) the installer yells at me saying it can't find a compatible version of Python.  If, however, I try to install the 64-bit version of build 220 (pywin32-220.win-amd64-py3.6.exe) the install succeeds fine.  But, when I try to import win32com I get the standard error trying to load a DLL, which indicates it is trying to load the wrong version of the DLL, where I have 32-bit Python 3.6 but am trying to load the 64-bit DLL.  I must be doing something wrong here, but I can't see what it is.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you