[python-win32] win32print + cx_freeze or pyinstaller, a print job which works with scrypt doesn't work when frozen.

Marchand, Pascal Pascal.Marchand at Honeywell.com
Tue Jan 22 09:15:17 EST 2019

Hello,

I posted my issue on stackoverflow:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/54239295/when-using-win32print-cx-freeze-print-instruction-doesnt-work-without-produc/54249518#54249518

Where you can found all the code if needed.
Some people helps me, but we have not found the solution until now that's why I'm posting the question to the win32 mailing list.

My question is: do you see any reason why the script runs fine but the frozen version doesn't work?
Note that when the .exe runs, it generates 2 print jobs without printing and it puts them in "pause" mode but the only action possible is to cancel them (see below).

I tried to add .dll and other win32 modules (win32api, win32con) to the package without any success until now.
Maybe I'm not using well the module for printing with frozen progs. and the fact to use the script version generates some additional thing that make it correct.

If you see something to test or to do, your advices are welcome.

Thanks for your help.

[cid:image001.png at 01D4B264.262FFD60]
pascal.marchand at honeywell.com<mailto:pascal.marchand at honeywell.com>