[PythonCAD] distutils.core issue on installation

Sergio Hernandez jaqueca at terra.cl
Mon May 17 15:05:39 EDT 2004

On Mon, 17 May 2004 23:42:23 +0930
Peter Gossner <gossner at arcom.com.au> wrote:

> On Mon, 17 May 2004 09:35:22 -0400  from a terminal far far away
> <Sergio/>  wrote:

> >But when I try to run ~# python setup.py
> >install, as is indicated in the INSTALL intructions, I get the
> >following message:
> >
> >Traceback (most recent call last):
> >  File "setup.py", line 10, in ?
> >    from distutils.core import setup
> >ImportError: No module named distutils.core

> so in theory
> apt-get install python-dev should get what you need.

Ok! Thanks, Peter and Art,

After a lot of python and gtk "-dev" packages installations, and several
"python setup.py install" and "gtkpycad.py" executing attempts, I have
PythonCAD running on my Debian Woody. :-)

I will be here, testing and regarding the news.

Thanks again

--
Sergio Hernández A.
Arquitecto