[PythonCAD] Pythoncad wiki

José Antonio Martín Prieto jantonio.martin at gmail.com
Sun Dec 24 11:00:49 CET 2006

On 12/24/06, Yagnesh Desai <ynd at lntenc.com> wrote:
> I have downloaded the dokuwiki and installed it on my
> Laptop. Its just great this open thing is too great there
> is hardly any similar option available on asp . .

There are even more powerful free (libres) and open source wikis, such
as wikimedia, for example.

> NE way I posted this message to say that for initial
> documentation I can make a part of it in my laptop with
> wiki alreadt installed and sent the .txt files which would be
> beter considering I can not stay online for typing the documentation
> online on the wiki . . .

In fact, you can write the texts in your laptop and then copy & paste
these texts in the wiki. Any help will be welcome.

> Just a thought.
>
> We also need to distribute among ourselves independent segments of
> documentation and work on them so that the PythonCAD wiki alpha atleast
> gets a paragraph each under all possible titles.

I don't agree with this idea. One of the advantages of a wiki is that
anybody can collaborate at any time, with any part of the
documentation, without the need of organizing the work. I think that
distributing this work would slow the documentation process.

Regards,
José Antonio

> Yagnesh

"In a world without frontiers, who needs Gates and Windows?