[PythonCE] pdb ?

Brad Clements bkc@murkworks.com
Thu, 19 Sep 2002 16:08:58 -0400

On 19 Sep 2002 at 16:01, Todd Pinkerton wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> When I load up pdb and try to run() something, the ceshell prompt flakes
> out on me; (pdb) prompt gets repeated over and over and over and...
>
> this doesn't occur in my linux python env, so I'm wondering if
> ceshell.py doesn't like having it's prompt messed with?  Is this a known
> issue?  It makes the debugger pretty useless.

ceshell emulates a console window. Unlike Linux, CE doesn't have a console window,
so its emulated in Python.

running pdb probably puts the interpretter into single step mode, which breaks the
emulated console.

The best solution is porting HapDebugger.. it's on my to-do, with everything else.

Brad Clements,                bkc@murkworks.com   (315)268-1000
AOL-IM: BKClements