[PythonCE] pdb ?

Telion telionce@yahoo.com
Fri, 20 Sep 2002 07:56:15 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Todd,

--- Todd Pinkerton <toddp@OrangeImagineering.com>
wrote:
> Hi Telion,
>

> Thanks for your response.
>
> No rush on pdb.  Just trying to debug my xml/expat
> woes...
>
> speaking of which, did you do the expat port?  I'm
> having some issues,
> wondering if you knew of any outstanding bugs there.

No. I didn't have time for that, yet.
I did not even ask for the source, yet.

But I will do that sometime.

> And what is minishell.py?  It's not in the distro I
> have.
>
> thanks,
>

> -Todd

That one is in my distro for HPC2000.
Because HPC comes with the console similar to
the DOS-indow of Win9x/NT/2K, I made (accidently)
PythonCE that runs in it. ---CmdPy22.exe
minishell.py is something similar to pcceshell.py
that offer Python Interpreter command-ine-loop.

So, naturally, it's not applicable for PPC.

I know that you may have console window on PPC,
though.
There are a few way (not one) to do that.
I can give URL for these things,
but I'm not willing to take care of this issue by
myself.

I'm busy enough right now.
And Brad seems to be busy, too.

So, to get things done,
definitly we need more people with eVC setup for
Python developpement.

Probably, Javier may be able to help us.
He knows a lot better than me, too.

I'm still hoping to gather all the works
already done for Python CE.

I know that other than expat, win32reg and win32db
is already available for PPC.
I want bring these for HPC.

At the same time, calldll module would be
very usefull for PPC users, too.

So, I want better communication among us,
and a kind of central resource deposit for
all CE based Python stuff, FAQ, thigs like that.

But again. we need a few more people for
setting up FTP, CVS, wiki, or other sort of things,
and Maintain these.

Another thing I'm dreaming about is,
search capability on this mailing list.
(Is it already there? I didn't find it)