[PythonCE] Changing window options..

Patric Michael patric at usa.net
Wed Nov 10 11:12:37 CET 2004

Hi all...

I downloaded and installed Telion's port as opposed to David Kashtans
because I needed raw_input.

Running it on my ipaq4150, I discovered the interpreter window doesn't
resize itself so the soft keyboard doesn't overlap.

While poking around in pcceshell.py, I was able to at least get a
manually resizable window implemented, but I flat don't know a thing
about creating a window in the ATL environment (much less anywhere
else) so what I end up with is the File, Help, and Close menu bar across
the top, which just eats real estate.

Question - What do the numbers mean in these lines?:
WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW=13565952
WS_SYSMENU=524288
WS_CLIPCHILDREN=33554432
WS_CHILD=1073741824
WS_VISIBLE=268435456
WS_HSCROLL=1048576
WS_VSCROLL=2097152

I'm guessing they are some sort of referent to a predefined style, but I'd
appreciate any clarification. :)

Failing that, how can I make the interpreter window shift its vertical size
to allow for the soft keyboard to pop in and out?

Thanks...

Patric