[PythonCE] Changing window options..

Brad Clements bkc at murkworks.com
Wed Nov 10 15:45:18 CET 2004

On 10 Nov 2004 at 2:12, Patric Michael wrote:

> I downloaded and installed Telion's port as opposed to David Kashtans
> because I needed raw_input.
>
> Running it on my ipaq4150, I discovered the interpreter window doesn't
> resize itself so the soft keyboard doesn't overlap.

pcceshell should support detection of SIP popup, but I don't think that'd work with raw_input.

I'm pretty sure it works in interpreter mode, I recall working on SIP support years ago.

> Question - What do the numbers mean in these lines?:
> WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW=13565952
> WS_SYSMENU=524288
> WS_CLIPCHILDREN=33554432
> WS_CHILD=1073741824
> WS_VISIBLE=268435456
> WS_HSCROLL=1048576
> WS_VSCROLL=2097152

These are constants from windows.h (get the windows SDK to get windows.h and
windowsx.h)

These constants are usually shown as hex in the .h file, but for some reason they were
written out as decimal in ce code, likely due to a limitation in parsing long hex constants.

> Failing that, how can I make the interpreter window shift its vertical size
> to allow for the soft keyboard to pop in and out?

It should already do that in interpreter mode.

I have a 2 year old copy of pcceshell.py, it has stuff like this:

    def onParentSettingChange(self, hwnd, msg, wParam, lParam):
        """set sip"""
        OutputDebugString('parent setting change wParam='+str(wParam)+' ? '+str(SPI_SETSIPINFO)+"\r\n")
        if SPI_SETSIPINFO == wParam:
            sai = SHACTIVATEINFO()
            SHHandleWMSettingChange(hwnd,wParam,lParam,sai)

    def onParentActivate(self, hwnd, msg, wParam, lParam):
        """more sip setup"""
        OutputDebugString('parent activate wParam='+str(wParam)+' ? '+str(SPI_SETSIPINFO)+"\r\n")
        if SPI_SETSIPINFO == wParam:
            sai = SHACTIVATEINFO()
            SHHandleWMActivate(hwnd,wParam,lParam,sai,0)

This is supposed to handle SIP popup, but it requires windows messages to get posted to
the parent window. Perhaps that doesn't happen when raw_input is used..

--
Brad Clements,                bkc at murkworks.com   (315)268-1000
http://www.wecanstopspam.org/                   AOL-IM: BKClements