[PythonCE] graphical libs for pocket pc

Voidspace mike at pcblokes.com
Wed Sep 8 13:05:12 CEST 2004

Thomas Heller wrote:

>Voidspace <mike at pcblokes.com> writes:
>[snip..]
>
>Another alternative would be to port ctypes (then you can call windows
>api functions directly from Python) to the pocket PC - I cannot do it
>myself, but I would be willing to support anyone who tries this.
>
>Thomas

That sounds like it would be *really* useful. I'd even love to do it !!
However - I've never compiled for the PocketPC - but I can download the
SDK if someone can point me to the files and the compile chain...

I also have no direct experience of directly calling the windoze API -
but I *need* to learn. My only experience of calling an OS API was the
Amiga which was a joy to program for... that was a while ago though.
Similarly I am just migrating from Python to Pyrex/C - so have very
little experience of any of the steps necessary (although a familiarity
with some of the concepts and C structures I guess). Learning to use
ctypes was 'on my list of things to do' anyway.

Do you think a project like this likely to be well over my head ?
(Obviously an impossible question - but if you think it's middle of the
range difficulty htne I can tackle it a step at a time... if it's a
fairly high level of difficulty then it's probably outside the bounds of
possibility).

Regards,

Fuzzy

--

http://www.Voidspace.org.uk
The Place where headspace meets cyberspace. Online resource site - covering science, technology, computing, cyberpunk, psychology, spirituality, fiction and more.

---
http://www.Voidspace.org.uk/atlantibots/pythonutils.html
Python utilities, modules and apps.
Including Nanagram, Dirwatcher and more.
---
http://www.fuchsiashockz.co.uk