[PythonCE] More Idle distractions

Ed Blake kitsune_e at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 7 23:49:38 CET 2005

Okay, I've spent some more time playing with this program.  There are a bunch
of changes but the biggest is probably my switch from IDLE to LEO for
development.  I don't want to proselytize too much but Leo is a great tool.
It allows you to easily organize a large amount of data, notes, example, and
code in a logical way, and also to generate a number of documents from one
leo file.  If anyone is interested I could post my leo file for IdleCE.  Some
stuff is missing since I lost things before moving to Leo, but it still could
be insightful.

Anyway this release added/improved on the editing features, incorporates
Sabastion's menus and his fix for the selection bug, and just some general
repairs.  I've also added a new bug, don't try to indent a selection if the
selection includes the last line in a file.  Its a strange bug but all you
need is a extra newline at the end of the file to avoid it.

I can't remember if I said anything about it before but one of my favorite
features is the 'context' menu.  Select some text and tap on the selection, a
menu will appear with common editing options.  It might be cool if I could
expand this to be truly context sensitive.  Maybe some kind of word
completion/insertion...  I also thought a special clipboard might be cool,
something like kclipper on KDE.  Oh well, I have some other stuff to try
before I get to the fancy stuff.