[PythonCE] Building PythonCE for Intel-based PPC?

Brad Clements bkc at murkworks.com
Tue Jan 11 20:41:12 CET 2005

On 11 Jan 2005 at 14:12, Jesse Davis wrote:

> I have a Dell Axim, which runs off the Intel PXA270 processor. I downloaded
> the source tree off SourceForge. Now -- how do I build it? I have MS
> eMbedded Visual C++, & I see there's a project file for it (
> PCBuild\WinCE\python.vcp ). So here's the PROBLEM: when I do "Add Project
> Configuration", my CPU choices are WCE ARM and WCE x86. Neither of these
> will work for my unit, will they? How do I add more CPUs to eMbedded VC++'s
> list of options? Thanks, J.

That python.vcp file is incomplete, it just allows a debuggable python.exe to be made,
not the full python23.dll

Anyway, I think what you want to do is run the wcearm.bat file to setup your
environment, then

nmake CFG=ARMREL

That should be it.

--

I am currently workingon David Kashtan's stuff for WCE300 (Straight Pocket PC), and
I'll be exposing the modified source via an anonymous subversion repository.

When I'm happy with all the tweaks, my intention is to merge all the WINCE changes
into the Python 2.4 source tree.

--
Brad Clements,                bkc at murkworks.com   (315)268-1000
http://www.wecanstopspam.org/                   AOL-IM: BKClements