[PythonCE] launch external application from pythonCE

Stewart Midwinter stewart.midwinter at gmail.com
Thu Jan 13 18:26:53 CET 2005

Darn, I forgot my PDA at home so I can try this out.  My suggestion
would be to see if os.system() is available, and use that. If Pocket
Internet Explorer's file name is iexplore.exe, do something like the
following

#import sys, os
sys.path.append('\\Program Files\\Python\\Lib')
cmd = "iexplore.exe http://www.cbc.ca"
os.system(cmd)

Note that your Python app is still running, but unable to do anything
else, while iexplore is running, if you use this approach.  To unlock
the Python app, use a different approach, like execv or popen or its
variants.

Let us know if this works!

cheers

--