[PythonCE] IdleCE new version

Ed Blake kitsune_e at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 24 19:03:27 CET 2005

I've finally finished enough improvements to release another version.  This
version fixes a number of bugs related to the edit/popup menus and their
commands.  Also the addition of a button to execute the current script(!),
better tab control (i.e. tab denotes a column of fixed width).  There are
still a number of improvements which still need to be made, and there are
most likely new bugs to be found, but this is a much more usable release.

For the script:
http://kitsu.petesdomain.com/files/IdleCE.py

For the outline:
http://kitsu.petesdomain.com/files/IdleCE.leo

A note about using tab/shift-tab for indent/dedent, I've done some
experiments and found some interesting things about Tk's event handler on CE
(PPC).  Firstly if you are using the graffiti style input tab does *not*
generate a keysym 'tab' as it should (actually the key code returned is
0...).  Also when using the virtual keyboard pressing shift then tab does not
produce a shift tab event, just a regular tab...  So for now I suggest for
indent and dedent you use the highlight and tap method.  It is a slightly
less efficient workflow, but at least it works...