[PythonCE] ceFile.py implementing basic file-like interface

Shane Holloway (IEEE) shane.holloway at ieee.org
Thu Feb 16 18:37:27 CET 2006

Yes, I saw your new ctypes version for CE.  Very excited.
Unfortunately we are stuck in .NET land for a few near-term
releases.  I just can't wait to switch over to using python on this
platform.  Ctypes will certainly help us get there!

As for common modules, I certainly agree that they need a common
place to live.  I would expect them to be somewhere like the PythonCE
project on SourceForge or some other central area.  I don't really
like the idea of multi-purposing the ctypes repository with CE stuff
for much the same reasons as I did not care for the comtypes being in
there.  The RAPI interfaces are just one of the things I'd like to
see in this common repository, and I know everyone else has expressed
similar sentiments.  We will really need a good .NET bridge for the
compact framework eventually.  Hopefully we will be able to build
that atop ctypes -- but I'm starting to think we are going to need to
use a combination of OpenNETCF.org 2.0 Framework as well as the .NET
2.0 CF to get things to approach what Zope has implemented for the
desktop.  Anyhow I've started to ramble.  ;)

I really prefer SVN over CVS.  ;)  But I'm not too picky.  We are
more than happy to host on TechGame -- our current structure is SVN
and Trac, and you can see an example at http://techgame.net/projects/
framework.  But if we end up hosting under ctypes or pythonce, I'll
be just as happy.  A place to start working in is the important part.

Thanks,
-Shane