[PythonCE] Empty project or Human Friendly Project?

Brad Clements bkc at murkworks.com
Fri Jan 6 20:51:31 CET 2006

On 6 Jan 2006 at 14:30, Tim Lesher wrote:

> Just my opinion, but I don't think PythonCE will get much traction
> unless and until someone decides to clean up the build and contribute
> it back to the core. -- Tim Lesher <tlesher at gmail.com>

For sure,

and a few years back I started down that road.

Older versions of Windows CE have big incompatibability issues.

I tried, for example, to cleanup NaN handling in various places, getpath.c
implementation and so on.

My cleanup was done via C macros that would be "compiled out" on standard
platforms.

I sent a few trial balloons up to the python-dev list, but my approach was not
generally liked.

I had spent hours editing code to stick these damn macros in,  and while it
worked, it apparently wasn't an acceptable solution.

Unfortunately I can't remember now exactly what the story was.. anyway, for as
much as I've tried to get my clients interested in Python on CE, I've never had any
interest from any of them. So my Python CE support has been low.

Combine that with the difficult problem of integrating the CE port back into the
mainline code and .. I have just let the project slip by.

Anyway.. it would be great to get our changes back into the mainline code, but I
don't think it's a simple problem to solve.. :-(

--
Brad Clements,                bkc at murkworks.com    (315)268-1000
http://www.murkworks.com