[PythonCE] PythonCE Digest, Vol 30, Issue 5

Michael Murdock michaelmurdock at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 23:13:39 CET 2006

Hello,

Thomas Heller wrote:
>> I cannot answer these questions, but I'll try to get comtypes working.
>> Are there 'interesting' COM objects on a Pocket PC 2003 to experiment
>> with?

I would _love_ to get COM access from inside PythonCE because I want to
be able to control Pocket Outlook. Here's an excerpt from an MSDN SDK
Documentation for Windows Mobile-Based Pocket PCs:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/guide_ppc/html/ppc_conpocketoutlookobjectmodel.asp

"Pocket Outlook Object Model

The Pocket Outlook Object Model (POOM) API provides access to Personal
Information Manager (PIM) data on Pocket PCs and Smartphones running
Microsoft Windows Mobile 2000 software and later. The POOM API mirrors
the desktop version of the Outlook Object Model but has a smaller scope of
functionality to accommodate the practical constraints of mobile devices.

The POOM API is a COM-based library that provides programmatic access
to Pocket Outlook data items and their container objects. The POOM API
provides an object-oriented framework for creating, modifying, and displaying
appointment, task, and contact items. It also provides functionality for
manipulating PIM item collections and folders.

Note: The Microsoft Windows Mobile 2003 SDK ships with a code sample,
named "POOMMaster," that uses the POOM API. The default location for the
installed code sample is C:\Program Files\Windows CE Tools\wce420\POCKET
PC 2003\Samples\Win32\Poommaster."

You mentioned comtypes would need to be changed. What else would need to
change to be able to access the POOM interfaces?

Thanks,

~Michael.