[PythonCE] How do you develop on the PocketPC?

Thomas Heller theller at python.net
Mon Jan 9 13:51:31 CET 2006

Does anyone (everyone ?) start the Python interpreter on the device, and
use the stylus to enter interactive commands?
Or does one write scripts on the PC, let ActiveSync transfer them, and
start them by clicking on the filename?

I cannot really believe that.  BTW, when an uncatched exception occurs
in a script, I see a box displaying:

"""
Python Error
============
Traceback (innermost last):
<NULL>: <NULL>
"""

When I close this box (by clicking the OK button in the upper right
corner), I can see (for less than a second) the interpreter window
showing the real traceback, but not long enough to be able to read it.

So, I made a pair of scripts which start a server on the host PC, which
sends commands to a script running on the device, executing them, and
send the results back for display on the PC.  Don't know if it is worth
to post it here...

Thomas