[PythonCE] VensterCE release - Bugfix and Feedback

Jan Ischebeck mail at jan-ischebeck.de
Thu Feb 22 14:01:43 CET 2007

Hello Alexandre,

Today I downloaded your latest release of versterce
(vensterce-01022007.zip), which is great !

I just had some minor issues to get it running.

Can you please change ce.py to make it WinCe 4.20 compatible?
aygshell.py in WinCe 4.20 just allow access via ordinal. Below code made
it work for me.

try:
  SHHandleWMActivate=ctypes.windll.aygshell.SHHandleWMActivate
  SHHandleWMSettingChange = ctypes.windll.aygshell.SHHandleWMSettingChange
except:  # WinCe 4.20 just allows dll access via ordinal
  SHHandleWMActivate=ctypes.windll.aygshell[84]
  SHHandleWMSettingChange=ctypes.windll.aygshell[83]

Also the ZIP file includes only MoinMoin.pyc but not MoinMoin.py.

Thanks,

Jan

PS: In case you are planning some improvements, what about the following
features?
            - multiple file support
            - debug support
            - dynamic dll loading and navigation support
            - remote keyboard support  (Host python script, which sends
keypresses to the IDE on the PDA)