[PythonCE] Bluetooth

Ruben Miguelez Garcia xrubenx.es at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 18:42:39 CET 2007

	Hello to all,
	I am new on the list.
	Firstly I will share all my experiences until now.
	Then I am going to explain some research that I did about bluetooth
on "Windows CE" because that is my main problem now.

====== Some experiences ======

1- After read many mails on the list, I decided to use the server & client
connection programs provided on the thread "How do you develop on the
PocketPC?"

2- The first execution raise the error "ImportError: No module named ctypes".
Then I updated the windows version inside the PDA to 2.5 and everything fine.

3-On the beginning, click on the client.py only opened a Python session
without connect to the server. Then I discovered that with the PDA connected
to the laptop by USB with ActiveSync running, the wifi was not working. After
unplug the USB cable, wifi works fine and one click over the client.py
connect to the server.

PD: Of course, I had to modify the IP inside the client.py to point to my
laptop.

4- If you are more or less new on the list. And you want to read more post
that those that you received since you joined. You can monitor the list like
a newsgroup and have many month of posts right now.
http://blog.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.windows-ce/page=9

========== Bluetooth =========

I am developing an application with bluetooth, xml, http server , etc.  The
application has been done in PC (Linux Debian) and now I am trying to move it
to the PDA.

I just checked the import sentences, and all seems to work fine
except "bluetooth".

I have been searching and here are some conclusions:
- BlueZ stack -> only for Linux.
- PyBluez     -> Windows XP and Linux.
- Affix stack -> Only Linux.

I found too:

------ A
http://lightblue.sourceforge.net/
LightBlue: a cross-platform Python Bluetooth API
But it's only for (Mac OS X, GNU/Linux and Nokia's Python for Series 60)

------ B
http://www.thewirelessdirectory.com/Bluetooth-Software/Bluetooth-Protocol-Stack.htm
Bluetooth Protocol Stacks made by companies.

------ C
http://www.xmailserver.org/wmconsole.html
WmConsole is a console server for Windows Mobile devices, that listen over
BlueTooth RFCOMM channels, and allows the user to interact with the device
using a command line interface from a Linux or Windows workstation.

------ D
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Platform_SDK
Microsoft Windows SDK

Microsoft Windows CE .NET 4.2   Bluetooth

http://msdn.microsoft.com/embedded/usewinemb/ce/sharedsrccode/west/default.aspx
Windows Embedded Source Tools for Bluetooth Technology

=========== Questions ==========

On [C] there is a program on C++ that use bluetooth on Windows CE. Could be
possible to do a wrapper of the bluetooth library that he used and use it on
Python?

Today I just discovered what is SDK [D]. Anybody with experience on it, maybe
could take the info and libraries about bluetooth and put it here to do some
magic with it??

---------

Maybe my ideas are stupid, but I am just trying to solve the problem of
Bluetooth with Python on "Windows CE".

If you find some mistakes on my information, please say it.

Thanks.

--

 Kind regards / Cumprimentos / Atentamente, Ruben.